- 24th April 2014 - 6:45 PM
- Location: Downtown Miami
- Registration fee per team member: $40
This year the Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run will is celebrating its 29th year! We look forward once again to being the "first step toward fitness" and office tradition for employees and the companies they represent. The many benefits and enjoyment of adding fitness to your life are well known and TeamFootWorks is proud to be involved in that process.
Maximum amount of participants: 25,000
- Registration deadlines are as follows: (* NO Registrations on race-day)
||March 28th, 2014
- Payment for your team registrations must be submitted in accordance to the following date:
||Payment Due by
||April 4th, 2014
What you should know
- Expect delays and plan to arrive early.
- There will be over 25,000 participants at the event.
- Due to the large crowds and the race course, you can also expect several road closures and detours.
Taking Transit to Bayfront Park
Metrorail to Bayfront Park
- To get to Bayfront Park, ride Metrorail to the Government Center Station, then transfer to Metromover's Inner Loop.
- Exit at the Bayfront Park Metromover station.
- You can also transfer to Metromover from the Brickell Metrorail station.
- From the Brickell Metromover Station, take the northbound Metromover train to Bayfront Park Station.
- Metromover is free.
Purchasing a Transit Easy Card
- You will need an EASY Card or EASY Ticket to ride Metrorail.
- The store is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday; from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday; and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, and from noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- You can also buy an EASY Card or EASY Ticket at any EASY Card ticket vending machine located at Metrorail stations.
- The ticket vending machines accept cash and credit cards.
Parking at a Station
- Paying for parking on race day can take up to one hour due to the high volume of transit users.
- Pre-paid parking passes are available at FootWorks in South Miami.
- See the above section "Purchasing a Transit Easy Card" for address and store hours.
Driving to Bayfront Park - Parking
(rates provided as a courtesy, visit miamiparking.com for the latest information or confirm with parking attendant)
Garage #1 - Courthouse, 40 NW 3rd St / 825 Spaces
Take Mover from Government Center to Bayfront Park Station
Garage #2 - Cultural Center, 90 SW 1st St / 459 Spaces
Take Mover from Miami Ave Station to Bayfront Park Station
Garage #3 - College Station Garage, 190 NE 3rd St / 1400 Spaces
Take Mover from College/Bayside Station to Bayfront Park Station or walk 3 blocks east to Biscayne Blvd, then 3 blocks south to Bayfront Park
Garage #4 - Convention Center Garage, 100 SE 2nd St / 1400 Spaces
Take Mover from Knight Center Station to Bayfront Park Station.
What You Should Know
- Street Closures and Detours start at 2:00pm for the April 24, 2013 Miami Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run
- 20,000 Participants are expected in Downtown Miami.
- Street detours/lane closures start
- Northbound lanes of Biscayne Blvd., from Chopin Plaza to NE 5 ST will close. The Southbound lanes will offer two-way traffic and special attention will be given to entry and exit of Chopin Plaza (Hotel Intercontinental and One Miami).
The first of 20,000 Participants start arriving - Traffic starts to increase
Northbound Brickell Ave traffic will be sent West on SE 7 ST. Only traffic going to Hotel Intercontinental and One Miami will be allowed over the Brickell Bridge.
No traffic will be allowed in or out of the area bound on the east by Biscayne Blvd/Brickell Ave, on the south by South 13 St, on the west by West 2 Ave, and on the north by North 5 St. Take advantage of the Metrorail and Metromover.
6:45pm to 8:45pm
Actual Race Time.
7:15pm to 8:45pm
Roadways reopen as the last of the participants pass and Miami Police Department deems it safe.
- Brickell Ave should reopen by 7:30pm
- SW/NW 2nd Ave should reopen by 8:00pm
- NW/NE 1st St should open by 8:30pm
- Remaining streets by 8:45pm
- Miami Ave South of The River by 7:45pm
- Miami Ave North of The River by 8:45pm
Northbound Biscayne Blvd open to traffic.
Brickell Key / Claughton Island / Eastbound 8 ST will detour onto SW 2 Ave. to SW 15 RD and continue to Brickell Bay Drive/Bayshore Drive.
Streets south of the Miami River should be clear of runners and walkers by approximately 7:45pm and open to traffic. Streets north of the Miami River should be clear by approximately 8:45pm. Exiting downtown will be easiest via I-95.
After 2:00pm, use 395/MacArthur CSWY and exit on Biscayne Blvd to access the Port of Miami.