- 3rd April 2014 - 6:45 PM
- Location: Huizenga Plaza / Bubier Park
- Registration fee per team member: $40
This year the Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run will is celebrating its 29th year! We look forward once again to being the "first step toward fitness" and office tradition for employees and the companies they represent. The many benefits and enjoyment of adding fitness to your life are well known and TeamFootWorks is proud to be involved in that process.
Maximum amount of participants: 7,000
- Registration deadlines are as follows: (* NO Registrations on race-day)
||March 7th, 2014
- Payment for your team registrations must be submitted in accordance to the following date:
||Payment Due by
||March 14th, 2014
What you should know
- Expect delays and plan to arrive early.
- There will be over 7,000 participants at the event.
- Due to the large crowds and the race course, you can also expect several road closures and detours.
We strongly suggest and urge you to carpool. The least amount of cars the better it will be for all of us. Finding a place to park should not be a problem. There are plenty of parking lots within walking distance to Huizenga Plaza. But be prepared to walk several blocks. The nearest lot at SE 2nd fills up quickly. Refer to the parking garage map included in this guide for locations.
Directions to Bubier Park (Huizenga Plaza Center)
- Take I-95 to Broward Blvd (Exit 27) toward Downtown.
- Go east 2 miles to S. Andrews Ave.
- Turn right on Andrews Ave and continue .2 miles to the Race Site.
You Can Also Use The Broward B-Cycle
The closest stations are Esplanade Park (Walk along Riverwalk to the Park) and the '540 Building' aka the Courthouse on south side of the river via 3rd Ave Bridge. Visit bcycle.com for info, maps, & smartphone apps. Printable Directions Printable Parking Garage Locations
Street Closures and Detours
- Wed April 2nd from 6:00pm through Thurs April 3rd at 10:00pm
Las Olas Blvd closed between Andrews Ave and SE 1 Ave.
- Thurs April 3rd from 1:00pm to 10:00pm
Las Olas Blvd closed from Andrews to SE 2 Ave.
SE 1 Ave will be closed from SE 2 St to Las Olas Blvd
- Thurs April 3rd at 4:00pm
Participants start arriving - Traffic starts to increase
- 5:30pm to 6:30pm
Participants continue to arrive Street detours/lane closures along race route start
- 6:45pm to 8:30pm
Actual Race Time
Roadways, except for Las Olas, reopen
East Las Olas open to traffic
1) The First 1/2 Mile of the race route (north of the New River) will be filled with runners and walkers - no traffic will be able to move for approximately 20 minutes. Ft. Lauderdale Police Department will open the roadways to traffic as the last participant proceeds along the route. NO traffic will be permitted on SE 3 Av north of Davie Blvd thru Las Olas Blvd during the first 20 minutes or so of the event. South of Davie Blvd, southbound traffic will not be permitted to SE 14 St. Runners generally take over all of SE 3 Av to Davie Blvd for the start and during this time period.
2) Northbound Andrews Ave south of SE 17 St will be directed to SW 4 Ave or US1. Traffic north of 17 St will be sent west to SW 4 Ave at 15 St. Davie Blvd between Andrews Ave and SE 3 Ave will be closed to traffic. Alternates include sending east traffic south to SE 17 St and west traffic directed back to US 1. Southbound traffic on Andrews Ave will remain unaffected.