#MBCR2017 Race Rules
"If you obey all the rules you'll have the best time ever." – Someone who loves events
- The Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run series is open to teams of employees from corporations, businesses, government and financial institutions and their guests. Company and employee eligibility determinations shall be made exclusively by TeamFootWorks and/or its authorized representative. All decisions shall be final. Verification of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- Each company must register a minimum of four full-time employees entrants to form ONE complete scoring team: a male team of four men - OR - a female team of four women - OR - a mixed team of two men and two women. Companies are only required to have one scoring team of four, after which, any number of company participants are welcome. Teams of less than 4 full-time employees and individual entries will not be accepted.
- Employees of non-business organizations (e.g., federal, state, and municipal governments, quasi-governmental organizations and educational institutions) may compete and score only if they are on a team from the same unit, branch, chapter, or school at which they are directly employed.
- Full-time employees are those working at least 32 hours a week for the participating company.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age on the race date.
- Each participant must register online in order to be officially entered and eligible to run. Participants certify that they are medically fit to run and fulfill the previously-listed employment requirements.
Specific Race-Day Rules
- All participants must wear their assigned race numbers. Anyone found running with another person's number will be disqualified, and risks disqualification for the entire team. Race numbers must be clearly visible on the front of the torso during the race, displayed in full view, and may not be folded or cut in any way.
- Walker Policy: All walkers must start at the back of the field. They may not start in front of any runners, and may not start the race early. Walkers must complete the exact 3.1 mile course route and may not take optional or shortened routes. Violation of this policy may lead to disqualification of the entire company team from this and future Series events.
- All team members must participate unaided. Roller skates, skateboards, rollerblades, roller skis, bicycles, or animals are strictly prohibited anywhere along the race course. Their use will result in disqualification of the individual runner and possibly the entire company.
- There will be no promotions, giveaways or sampling of food or beverages allowed of any kind, unless otherwise given written permission by TeamFootWorks and/or its authorized representative.
- NO REFUNDS and/or REIMBURSEMENTS.
- No paper-form registrations. All registrations must be done online.
- Due to the large number of entries to be processed, all company captains and participants acknowledge that company and individual entries which do not qualify under these rules, whether or not they have been accepted initially by TeamFootWorks, may be rejected by the Executive Race Committee either before or after any race and those teams and/or team members may be disqualified.
- TeamFootWorks reserves the right to delay, postpone, cancel, or not officially time any race in the event of adverse weather conditions. The determination of what constitutes adverse weather conditions is reserved solely to the Executive Race Committee. Entry fees are non-refundable, even in the case of event cancellation.
- TeamFootWorks reserves the right to make additions, changes, or clarifications to these rules without prior notice to company teams or team members. TeamFootWorks will endeavor to advise teams of any rule change prior to the race, but any such change shall be considered binding upon all company teams and participants whether or not they have received notice of the change prior to the race.
- All rules are subject to interpretation by the Race Coordinator and Executive Race Committee. All decisions of the Executive Race Committee are final.
- TeamFootWorks reserves the right to reject or disqualify any entrant or team whose conduct is inappropriate to the spirit of the race. Individual disqualification may lead to the disqualification of the entire team and/or company for one or more races. It is expected that teams and team members will represent their company in the Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run events in a sportsmanlike and professional manner.
- Violation of any of the rules indicated herein, in the Race Packet, and/or in the race day announcements, may result in disqualification of any participant, team, and/or entire company for one or more races. The decision of the Executive Race Committee is final.
Lost Bib / Transfer / Add-on Fees
- $10 lost bib fee
- $0 transfer fee pay now without penalty if someone drops out
- $75 add-on fee after registration deadline/sellout if bibs become available
Tent Rental Information
Renting a Team Tent makes good sense! It's a great place to meet your team, serve post-race refreshments and re-live those glorious moments from the race!
- You can reserve a tent by going to the Products section under the Team Captain's Tools.
- There are a limited number of tent spaces available.
- Orders are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- If you wish to cancel your Tent Rental, there will be a $50 administrative fee that will be subtracted from refund.
- Each Tent Rental includes ONE tent sign, on a white backbround with your Company name in black block letters.
- Your tent will be placed in the same location as last year (unless you request differently) if the space is available AND if TeamFootWorks has received your tent rental form and payment at least one month prior to race day.
- Please include special requests: tent size, extra chairs, extra tables, and location desired on the rental form found under the Team Captain's Tools, Products Section.
- We will do our best to place your company tent where you would like it. Tent locations are at the discretion of TeamFootWorks
- Private tents and tables are not allowed.
- There will be no: vehicles allowed in the tent area, open flames barbecue/grilling, live or amplified entertainment at your tent.
- There will be no promotions, giveaways or sampling of food or beverages allowed of any kind, unless otherwise given written permission by the Event.
- Signage is only permitted within your tent area and no banners or signs may be hung, secured or displayed on the outside of your team tent.
- No balloons or helium or oxygen (unless medically necessary) tanks are permitted in the park.
- No Generators. No Pets. No Picnics.
- No unauthorized catering companies permitted on park grounds.
- Electricity will be provided to sponsor tents only. We encourage you to purchase a lantern from the Products menu or bring your own battery-powered lanterns for lighting your own tent area.
- These rules will be STRICTLY enforced by Police and Fire Departments.