#MBCR2019 Fort Lauderdale - Road Closures
Join over 8,000 runners & walkers at Florida's Largest Office Party
Important – there will be several street closures the day before the Fort Lauderdale run, as well as on the day of the event.
Wednesday, April 3, from 4 p.m., through Thursday, April 4, at 11 p.m.
Las Olas Blvd. eastbound lanes closed between Andrews Ave. and SE 1st Ave.
Wednesday, April 3, from 6:30 p.m., through Thursday, April 4, at 11 p.m.
Las Olas Blvd. eastbound and westbound lanes closed between Andrews Ave. and SE 1st Ave.
Thursday, April 4:
- 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.: Las Olas Blvd will be closed from SE 1st Ave. to SE 2nd Ave.
- 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.: SE 1st Ave closed from SE 2nd St. to Las Olas Blvd.
- 4 p.m.: Participants will start arriving – Traffic begins to increase
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.: Participants continue arriving. Street detours/lane closures along race route start (see course map here)
- 6:45 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: Actual race time
- 9:30 p.m.: Roadways, with the exception of Las Olas Blvd., reopen
- 11 p.m.: Las Olas Blvd. reopens to traffic
- The First ½ Mile of the race route (north of the New River) will be filled with runners and walkers – Ft Lauderdale Police will divert traffic from this area. Traffic will be rerouted east on Davie Blvd so as to not allow traffic on SE 3 Ave north of Davie Blvd. Once the runners/walkers have made the westbound turn onto SE 14 St police will open the roadways.
- All traffic on Andrews Ave from SE 2 St to SE 17 St will be required to use the south bound lanes.
- Alternate routes include SE 17 St, Broward Blvd, SE 4 Ave and US1.